- 1993 (originally ‘Mercury One2One’) / 1999 – present (Deutsche Telekom)
Customers service address:
- 6 Camberwell Way
- Doxford Technology Park
- SR3 3XN
Customer Service Telephone Number:
- 0845 412 5000 (or 150 from your T-Mobile handset)
- T-Mobile UK started life as Mercury One2One, a GSM mobile network operated by the now-defunct Mercury Communications. Later known simply as One2One, it was the world’s first GSM 1800 network when it was launched in September 1993.
- One 2 One was purchased by Deutsche Telekom in 1999 and rebranded as T-Mobile in 2002.
- On September 8, 2009 France Telecom’s Orange and T-Mobile parent Deutsche Telekom announced they were in advanced talks to merge their UK operations to create the largest mobile operator with 37% of the market. The long-term future of either brand is unclear though both would be retained for the first eighteen months at least.